The first thing that we always think a president will do is make "changes." For the last eight years, our country hasn’t seen much of a positive change. It seems as if the only change we get is not in our benefit in any way. Finally, November 4, 2008 I felt that we are actually going to CHANGE as a country for the first time in eight years.
I cannot express the joy that I felt in my heart when Barak Obama was announced our President of the United States. Not only is he our first African American President but what he stands for is even greater. He stands for Change. He realizes that without change, we cannot become better as a country. He realizes the needs and wants from every citizen and he will work hard to get us what we need and want. Obama has taken a brave risk. He is African American and for the longest, we have had everything going against us. Not only did he run as the biggest and most important job position there is, but he ran and he won. He changed our perspectives on the world. It does not matter the color of your skin, but it does matter about the "content of your character." He gave African Americans hope into becoming whatever they want to be. He gave America HOPE that we will finally change and get ourselves out of the bad situations that we are already in. Like Obama said, "change has come." I can finally say that I am proud to be an American.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment